Project Cargo Management
- A key competency at Paccon is our project cargo experience. Whether it’s a one-off shipment or a long term project, we are well versed in understanding the dynamics of project shipments whether it is taking control ex suppliers works and delivering to door at destination or acting as a local partner for the lead project managers.
- Africa as an emerging market with a long history of little or no infrastructural development spending is always an interesting place for business. With the variety of challenges involved in projects in Africa, it’s good to know that you’re dealing with a local company with African roots and on the ground experience.
- No two projects are the same and adaptability is important as is assembling and managing the various 3rd party sub-contractors – from cargo surveyors, to abnormal transport operators and border agents.
- FCL and break-bulk seafreight – through strong relationships with selected shipping lines, we are able to provide clients with a personalised freight brokerage service across all trades to / from South Africa.
Heavy Lift Air Charter
- We have successfully arranged and handled Heavy Lift Air Charters for urgent consignments where, due to time constraints, traditional transport methods would not have been suitable.
- We offer general freight forwarding services between any two points in the international trading environment, be it in its longest natural form from ex works at the supplier’s premises through to delivered at consignee door duty paid or any shorter journey in-between. Depending on the terms of sale, Incoterms 2010, our involvement is flexible but always with the same levels of commitment.
Marine and Liability Insurance
- An often overlooked aspect of international trade, marine insurance is the not the expensive luxury that many cargo owners believe it to be. In fact marine insurance should be considered as a defacto part of your international trading or shipping activities even if it is your own equipment being moved to a contract site in some far of land as opposed to a commercial sale of goods.
- We can advise on your requirements and have direct access to a range of the top experts in the field.
- Partnering with innovators in Marine-related insurance services, Eikos Risk Applications (Pty) Ltd (Member of the Jardine Lloyd Thompson Group), we can give you peace of mind that any of your international trading or shipping activities are insured.
- Through Galleon Insurance of London (who are Lloyd’s underwriters), we carry liability and errors and omissions insurance. Project-specific cover can be arranged at Internationally competitive rates.